Sunday, June 16, 2013

Downton Abbey Dinner Party!

      Happy Sunday! Last night I achieved one of my goals: host a formal dinner party! A few weeks ago I was shopping at Joann's and I saw an unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook. I'm obsessed with Downton Abbey, so I knew I had to have it. I took the initiative and asked my friend to host it with me, and after a ton of planning, organizing, decorating, and cooking (plus $100 spent on food), I'm able to say that my dinner party was a huge success. Everyone had a great time and the food was amazing! Here are some pictures I took from last night:

The pre-dinner.

While waiting for everyone to arrive, we had tea, chocolate covered strawberries, and cucumber sandwiches.

First course: salad, bread, and fruit salad.

Dessert: chocolate truffles and gelato.
      Not pictured, for our main course we had chicken and fancy potatoes. Everything was delicious, and I'm rather proud of myself. :)

Carpe Diem,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment