Saturday, May 25, 2013

Splurge or Save Saturday: Summer Tanks

      Happy Saturday! So I thought it would be cool if every Saturday I presented two similar clothing options, except one is much more expensive than the other, then ask which one is the smarter purchase. Yesterday when I went shopping with my friend, I had planned on buying a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses, which I'd been wanting for a really long time. The price of the Ray-Bans I wanted was $200, which is obviously pretty steep for a pair of sunglasses for your average teenager, but I love the classic look of Ray-Bans. However, when my friend and I stopped in Francesca's, I saw a pair of super cute sunglasses for $14. It made me realize that I could save the $200 for something a little more important. I even got a second pair for the same price. I was so glad I got two pairs of sunglasses for $30 than one pair for $200!
      Since it's summer, I've been on the look-out for the perfect summer tank that I can dress up or dress down and is so versatile that I could wear it with anything. I think I've found two really good options, but I can't pick which one is smarter to buy! Which do you think?

The Splurge:
Silk Bow-Back Tank 
Silk Bow-Back Tank 
Silk Bow-Back Tank 
This Madewell Silk Bow-Back Tank is so perfect I can barely stand it! It's pretty simple in the front, but the back is perfection! It's classy, but it's also unique and exciting. However, this tank top is $88. Why does everything I love have to be so expensive?! But the bow...I die.

The Save:
This polka dot sateen tank from the Gap is also a great summer tank for going out with friends or for your summer job. You can pair it with red chinos and some ballet flats, or tuck it into a pencil skirt with a cute belt and heels. So many options! Plus, polka dots? Favorite pattern ever. Also, it's on sale at the much lower price of $29.96.






Which summer tank would you get?

Keep it classy,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment